Friday 28 October 2016

I smell the roses ...


Even though we've been having cool, cloudy and windy conditions lately, we've also had some truly spring-y days. And there are so many places to stroll to and savour the balmy weather. For instance, I always enjoy my walk to the library, and it's wonderful when all the flowers are blooming. With my backpack full of books hoisted over my shoulders I set off down Matthew Flinders Drive. Lots of spectacular gardens to ogle, with roses leading the way.



On this particular day I had my camera with me so did some more experimenting with the macro lens.



I love it when I come to the Inman River. I'm nearly at the library now.

Just around this bend and then I'm there. 
I always make a point of coming back via the estuary where the river enters the sea.

I dream of sailing away ...

Out with the camera again to capture some of the seaside plants.


Back on the path, with some competition from a group of tourists...
...and a duck.

Time for a couple more garden shots ...













... then one last chance to smell the roses and I am home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment