Thursday 31 December 2015

Early morning magic

I woke up at an unaccustomed 5.30 the other morning and decided to head to the beach to catch the sunrise. Camera at the ready, I shot my first image. I have never done a sunrise before so was a bit nervous as to how to approach the task. I quite like this one showing the foreground of coastal scrub.


I love the 'stairway' effect in this next shot.


As I walked further along the coastal path, the light from the newly risen sun was striking the rocks and shoreline.



It was so peaceful and I only met a handful of people. The tide was well in and the sun was rising quite quickly now it was above the horizon. My last shot is at the end of my walk looking back over the bay. The new day had begun - and I am a bit more confident in taking sunrise shots.  



No comments:

Post a Comment