Tuesday 28 August 2018

A mother gets sentimental

My darling Sharon turns 47 today. How old does that make me feel!!!!!

Forgive a mother's bragging.......

I am so proud of her. She sent me her latest photo.
I decided to find one of me at the same age. It took a bit of searching through my old albums but I found one of me at 47 though not looking as glam - I'm eating spaghetti in Talinn, Estonia.
I know she doesn't like this one (though I do) because of her, as she says, 'pudding-basin hair'. But mums are allowed to get sentimental. Most of the photos I took when the children were young have no date on them so I'm guessing here, but I think she's about 7 or 8.  
This is one of my favourite photos of the two of us when Sharon was about 11. 
And here she is at 17 dressed for her Year 12 ball. I admired her because she chose to wear this velvet dress that had come from England for my mum in the 1930s, instead of the satin, big-shouldered, frou-frou ones that were all the rage in 1988. It fitted her perfectly.
With sister Kate a couple of years ago....
... and when she visited Encounter Bay recently. 
So, happy birthday sweetheart. Wish I could be in Perth with you to celebrate. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sharon!
    It's interesting to see the changing facial features you 3 share. Luckily I had a glass of bubbly yesterday just in case it was someone's birthday...
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well, Ma, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday Sharon. Nice photos. I'm sure you share a birthday date with millions and one of them happens to be my sister! Best wishes, Lorraine and Colin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday Sharon. Nice photos. I'm sure you share a birthday date with millions and one of them happens to be my sister! Best wishes, Lorraine and Colin

    ReplyDelete