Thursday 8 February 2018

Kate visits us


I was so excited when daughter Kate said she and her husband Kim were coming to visit for the Tour Down Under in mid-January. It was lovely when they arrived and settled in to our new home (or as Kim says, the Casa De Viejo).

Our excitement quickly turned to despair when we noticed the temperatures forecast for the next five days were all 39 to 43 degrees!!!! Ouch. Luckily our house is airconditioned, but going outside was like stepping into an oven. All our photos show us looking drained and exhausted. In the end I stopped taking photos.

Here is a sample so I can vicariously enjoy the visit once more.
Waiting for the riders to appear at the Tour Down Under.

We look exhausted in the heat as we wait for our cool drinks at the Yilki cafe! 

I know I used the next photo in my Tour Down Under blog but it's one of the few I have of Kate - even though she was embarrassed to be seen posing with the cycling kangaroos.

We drove to nearby Port Elliot for a welcome break from the cycling, hoping there might be some cooling sea breeze there.
Kim is aiming to capture Kate and the steam train which is coming round the bend.

The steam train - the only non-Kate photo - added for variety.

Always time for a selfie!


At the wetlands walk near home.
And a final shot with mum.
The final day saw us in Adelaide watching the criterium with the temperature soaring again into the 40s. It was so hot that, after some shots of the cyclists, I put my phone away and tried to enjoy the remaining moments with Kate.

When I look back, I see that there are no photos of us at home. I guess we were always so hot and bothered we just wanted to relax - and eat ice cream and jelly!

4 comments:

  1. Very impressed that you did the Wetlands walk in all that heat!! Lovely to have Kate and my favourite Port Elliot pub in one photo.
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now you can see the name of the new wine bar!

      Delete
  2. ThunderBird? Totally missed that. Any good?
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete